The automatic counting of traffic on the main road network of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina has been done since 2005. The first printed publication "Traffic Counting on Main Roads of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina in 2006" was published in 2007.
Counters of the French company Sterela and the Slovenian company Mikrobit, i.e. automatic counting devices types QLD-6CX and TLCD 10, are installed around the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Both types of automatic counting devices use a couple of bidirectional inductive loops. These counters classify vehicles by time intervals, group of vehicle and speed intervals. The difference in classification is that Sterela automatic counters classify vehicles by length, while Micro bits counters do that by inductive print.
TYPE OF VEHICLES COUNTED BY AUTOMATIC COUNTING DEVICES QLD-6CX AND QLTC 10
|Type of vehicle||Vehicle description - QLD-6CX||Type of vehicle||Vehicle description - QLTC 10|
|A2||Passenger cars||A1||Passenger Cars and Passenger Cars with Trailers|
|A3||Passenger Cars with Trailers||A2||Vans|
|A4||Vans with and without trailers||B1||Light Trucks|
|B4||Trailers and Tow Trucks||B5||Tow Truck|
With some counters, data on counted vehicles are downloaded via a remote GSM modem, while with the others they are manually collected on the spot and further downloaded by computer equipment.
In addition to these automatic counters, two radar counters are in use as of 2009. Radar counters record the vehicle class, hour and second of vehicle passing.
Vehicles are classified in five categories as follows:
- K1 i K2 – motorcycles, passenger cars and caravans,
- K3 – vans and light trucks,
- K4 – buses and heavy goods vehicles,
- K5 – trailer and tow trucks.
Database of traffic counting contains a counter code (i.e. loop counters have a code of 501 and further, while the radar counters carry the code 600 and further). These counters register the time of recording (hour/ year), the direction of movement of the vehicle, the number and structure of the vehicle, the number of vehicles per length (or type of vehicle), and the speed of the vehicle per selected speed intervals
NUMBER OF LOCATIONS WHERE THE AUTOMATIC TRAFFIC COUNTING PROVIDED BY YEAR
|Year||Number of locations|
Publications on Traffic Counting
To download the publications on traffic counting please use the links bellow. Detailed data for each counting site, i.e. necessary for provision of studies, can be obtained with prior written request to the PC Roads of the FBH.
- Traffic Counting on Main Roads of the FBH in 2015
- Traffic Counting on Main Roads of the FBH in 2014
- Traffic Counting on Main Roads of the FBH in 2013
- Traffic Counting on Main Roads of the FBH in 2012
- Traffic Counting on Main Roads of the FBH in 2011
- Traffic Counting on Main Roads of the FBH in 2010
- Traffic Counting on Main Roads of the FBH in 2009
- Traffic Counting on Main Roads of the FBH in 2008
- Traffic Counting on Main Roads of the FBH in 2007
- Traffic Counting on Main Roads of the FBH in 2006